FONVILLE FARM

Tales of a Georgia Peach!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Today was a good day. Eric and I were both off of work and spent the whole day together. We had errands to run and different things to do. It was cold today, or at least cold for me. 60 degrees is cold to me. Who am I kidding, 75 degrees is cold to me. So it was the perfect day for a nice hot cup of hot chocolate.

Then for dinner I marinated a pork loin with a Two Sisters Gourmet sauce, Vermont Maple Dijon Grilling Sauce. It was wonderful! We also had fried green tomatoes. Yum, Yum!!

1/2 cup corn meal
1/2 cup flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg


Dredge sliced tomatoes in the flour then milk mixture then back in flour. Fry two minutes on each side in your choice of oil.

I love this platter, you can't tell much about it with the tomatoes on it. It was a wedding gift from my mother-in-law.


I'm sitting down now with a mimosa and Eric to watch Charlie Wilson's War. Then I'll watch the season premier of Grey's Anatomy, YAY!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

They really look yummy. I'll have to make some before all my tomatoes are gone for the season!!
I always loved them as a child.

Thanks for the idea!

Mom