FONVILLE FARM

Tales of a Georgia Peach!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm back and busy busy busy!

Well, we made it back safely! We had an amazing time in Vermont and Montreal! But my week wasn't complete until I went to The Country Living Magazine Fair here in Stone Mountain Park just outside of Atlanta!
I have tons of pictures and stories that I will post this weekend!
I am taking on something new, something that I've never done before. I will be the new president of Town and Country Garden Club starting in January.  That has also landed me on the planning committee of the 4th Annual Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival that will be held here in Douglas County the first weekend of June 2011. We started the planning this week! There will be more details to come! And I'm starting a festival blog!
Anyone who has a chance to come here really should! Last year was my first time at the festival and I had a blast! That is where I won my first place ribbon in the flower show! There is also a garden tour that is amazing! One of the homes on the tour last year has been featured in Southern Living magazine a few times and is supposed to be in the February 2011 issue!
Here is an article that was published in Southern Living about Penny McHenry. I wish that I had had the chance to meet her! 

1 comment:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Congrats on your new position in the garden club! I know you will be great at it. So glad you had a wonderful trip!! I didn't make it to the Country Living fair but I heard it was wonderful.