FONVILLE FARM

Tales of a Georgia Peach!

Monday, November 26, 2007

This week has gone by so slow. Oh how I wish it were Wednesday, and I would be home. I am so excited to be home everyday and not leaving for a week at a time. I miss my family and my home so much.
I've made my Christmas lists, my wants and the to buy for everyone else list. I'm getting excited about Christmas this year. I can't wait to start decorating this week. I found a tree that can be replanted, therefore saving a tree and getting a new lawn ornament.
I'm happy that Eric is riding again. He seems happier. He is working as hard as he can, given his limited time, to start racing again this spring. It's kindof exciting, I get to go to all of the races. I'm very proud of him, he works so hard. I want to do something special for him, but its so hard to know what he wants. He never says what he wants, he just goes and gets it. I will be so happy when he gets out of school, I know that he will too. It's been very hard for all of us, but I'm told that it will be worth it in the end. He has worked very hard at this and I hope that he finds the job that he deserves and one that is rewarding and makes him happy. I just don't want to move too far away. I'm starting to come to grips with the idea of having to move, I just wish I knew where so that I could start looking at things there and start to get an idea of what life will be like. I just want to be able to have a small farm and be able to do the little things that I am trying to get started now. Things that I have wanted to do for a long time. But these are all my things and not his, so he does not understand why I like them and want them so badly. It's a part of me and how I was raised. I miss it terribly, when I had it I did not appreciate it. I just want to be able to pass it on to my children, they may not like it, but I feel that it is important for them to know these things. I want them to know where the eggs and milk come from, not the cooler in the grocery store. I want them to get there hands dirty in the garden and watch the vegetables grow and be able to go out and pick off a tomato and eat it right there with the juice running down their dirty little faces. It was so much fun as a child to just run and play outside and get dirty, go play in the creek and walk through the woods. I wish that I could be a kid again.

Pumpkin Bread
3 1/4 c pumpkin (one 29 oz can)
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 1/4 c sugar
3/4 tsp cloves
4 c flour
3/4 c cooking oil
3 tsp soda
3/4 tsp salt
Mix pumpkin, oil and sugar. Add other ingredients. Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes.

No comments: